Whether you are attempting to land a job, client or promotion, or simply make a great impression in your existing workplace one thing is certain – how you dress can have a huge impact. Unlike men who can wear a standard suit and tie, women tend to have more of a difficult time choosing appropriate business attire.
Here are some tips for incorporating your own style while creating a great first impression with your business attire:
- Dressing professionally doesn’t mean wearing only neutrals. According to Nordstrom fashion director Gregg Andrews, buying your staple items in neutral colors (black, grey, navy, and tan), allows you to add a pop of color in your blouse or shoes.
- Hems should be right at the knee and heels should be less than 4” and closed toe. The taller you are, the shorter the heel.
Pic below is a good example:
- The rule of thumb for jewelry is: keep it simple. Two or three small pieces of coordinated jewelry are always acceptable. Think classic not loud.
- According to Beauty High, 1 in 3 bosses think their female co-workers wear too much makeup. The goal is to enhance your face while looking makeup-free. Likewise, perfume should be used sparingly especially when working in enclosed spaces.
- Always make sure your clothes are wrinkle free. A crisp appearance commands respect.
- Cleavage is not appropriate at the workplace so button it up.
If this blog was helpful and you liked it, please leave a comment.
Thanks for Visiting !
More Queenie’s Closet….
Denim shorts are a must-have for those ladies who want to show-off their pretty legs. There are some creative styling tips and new ways of pairing your bottoms with chic layers, tops and accessories. No matter what your body size or shape, you can look fabulous with the right styling inspiration. It’s safe to sayContinue Reading
Tie-dye was the trend of summer 2019, and good news if you were all about it: The groovy pattern is back again this year. From street-style stars to the spring/summer ’20 runways, It! Is! Everywhere! This trend keeps coming back. And any age and body type can rock it. So, ladies don’t listen to people that say thisContinue Reading
On mild days in fall or spring, you can wear a puffer vest in place of a jacket. It will keep you warm while regulating your body temperature indoors and out. Most vests are made of feathers, polyester or faux fur linings and are water resistant. The puffer vest (or down vest or gilet) hasContinue Reading