Whether you are attempting to land a job, client or promotion, or simply make a great impression in your existing workplace one thing is certain – how you dress can have a huge impact. Unlike men who can wear a standard suit and tie, women tend to have more of a difficult time choosing appropriate business attire.
Here are some tips for incorporating your own style while creating a great first impression with your business attire:
- Dressing professionally doesn’t mean wearing only neutrals. According to Nordstrom fashion director Gregg Andrews, buying your staple items in neutral colors (black, grey, navy, and tan), allows you to add a pop of color in your blouse or shoes.
- Hems should be right at the knee and heels should be less than 4” and closed toe. The taller you are, the shorter the heel.
- The rule of thumb for jewelry is: keep it simple. Two or three small pieces of coordinated jewelry are always acceptable. Think classic not loud.
- According to Beauty High, 1 in 3 bosses think their female co-workers wear too much makeup. The goal is to enhance your face while looking makeup-free. Likewise, perfume should be used sparingly especially when working in enclosed spaces.
- Always make sure your clothes are wrinkle free. A crisp appearance commands respect.
- Cleavage is not appropriate at the workplace so button it up.
If this blog was helpful and you liked it, please leave a comment. Thanks for Visiting !