The idea of acceptable work-wear has shifted the last few decades. Denim is not always a hard no, a sleeveless dress is not a trip to HR waiting to happen, and open-toe shoes are not the end of the world. However, the last thing you want is for your summer fashion choices to overshadow your skills—even if your company has a relaxed vibe. #ijs
Nobody knows what works in your office better than you do; here are a few common summer fashion choices to avoid at work—even if it is 100 degrees.
- Leave the flip-flops, pool slides, and noisy mules at home.
- Save the slogan tees for your days off.
- Avoid miniskirts, short-shorts, and crop tops
- Don’t take “casual Friday” too casual
- Skip anything you would wear to a music festival