#2 Meg Whitman
REAL TIME NET WORTH
as of 6/5/19
2019 AMERICA’S SELF-MADE WOMEN NET WORTH
as of 6/3/19
- Meg Whitman is best known for taking eBay from $5.7 million to $8 billion in sales as CEO from 1998 to 2008.
- She was CEO of Hewlett-Packard from 2011 to 2015, where she oversaw its split into HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- She stepped down as HPE’s chief executive in February 2018 but remains on its board. She also sits on the boards of Procter & Gamble and Dropbox.
- Since becoming CEO of Quibi, Jeffrey Katzenberg’s new short-form video platform, in April 2018, the startup closed a $1 billion funding round.
- In 2018, Whitman invested in LA-based e-sports company Immortals LLC and took a seat on the board.
ON FORBES LISTS
America’s Self-Made Women 2019
Power Women 2018
Forbes 400 2018
Richest In Tech 2017
SOURCE OF WEALTHeBay, Self Made
RESIDENCELos Angeles, California
EDUCATIONBachelor of Arts/Science, Princeton University; Master of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
DID YOU KNOW
Whitman ran for Governor of California in 2010 as a Republican and lost, despite spending a reported $140 million of personal funds on her campaign.
Her husband, Griffith Harsh, is a renowned neurosurgeon, Stanford professor and Rhodes Scholar.