#3 Marian Ilitch
REAL TIME NET WORTH
as of 6/5/19
2019 AMERICA’S SELF-MADE WOMEN NET WORTH
as of 6/3/19
- Marian Ilitch and her husband, Mike, who died in February 2017, cofounded Little Caesars Pizza in 1959.
- Mrs. I, as she’s known, now owns the pizza chain, which hauls in more than $4 billion in annual systemwide sales.
- She also owns the Detroit Red Wings and MotorCity Casino Hotel; Mike’s Detroit Tigers are now in a family trust.
- Ilitch is helping build a $1.4 billion sports and entertainment district in Detroit that includes new headquarters with pizza shaped windows.
- She had to keep her husband from giving away free pizzas in the early days.
ON FORBES LISTS
America’s Self-Made Women 2019
Forbes 400 2018
SOURCE OF WEALTHLittle Caesars, Self Made
RESIDENCEBingham Farms, Michigan
EDUCATIONDiploma, High School; High School Graduate, High School