- A United Airlines passenger filmed part of a plane engine cover peeling off and flapping in the wind during his flight on Sunday morning.
- United Airlines said there was a “mechanical issue with one of the engines.”
- The flight returned to its origin airport, Denver International Airport, instead of continuing to Orlando, Florida.
- Photos from the plane after it landed shows the cover pulled back and the engine exposed.
- Passengers were put on another plane. One passenger said the pilot took “some pretty heroic decisive action” and “potentially saved some lives” by turning back.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A United Airlines passenger filmed the engine cover peeling off a plane, which was forced to turn back to the airport in Denver, Colorado due to an engine issue.
United flight 293 – which took off from Denver International Airport for Orlando, Florida, on Sunday morning – had to turn back after what a United spokesperson called a “mechanical issue with one of the engines.”