Haven’t made your Thanksgiving travel plans? Amtrak’s latest flash sale, announced Tuesday, is here to help (but as always, make sure to read the fine print).
The rail service offers 60% off fares, as low as $29 each way for travel from Nov. 11 to 24 – but you have to buy Nov. 5 to 7. Thanksgiving this year is Nov. 28, so if you plan to arrive at your holiday destination early, you can take advantage of the deal.
The flash sale applies to 15 routes. Sample city pair prices include:
- New York City to Miami, Silver Service ($59)
- Washington to Cleveland, Capitol Limited ($29)
- Chicago to New Orleans, City of New Orleans ($49)
- Seattle to Sacramento, Coast Starlight ($39)
Amtrak posted a link to the sale on Twitter.
Cozy up on the train to your favorite destination! Now through Nov. 7, get 60% off fares around the country for travel Nov. 11-24.— Amtrak (@Amtrak) November 5, 2019
Now for the offer caveats:
- Available only for adult coach seats
- You can’t combine this with other discounts
- Tickets are nonrefundable
- 25% cancellation fee
Amtrak revealed Tuesday that it will extend schedules on several of its routes, including its Acela (Boston to Washington) and Northeast Regional (Boston to Virginia) Northeast Corridor lines, throughout Thanksgiving week to squeeze in holiday travelers. There will be more trains and the capacity for more travelers.