Underwear isn’t usually the most exciting type of clothing to shop for, but boy, are you in trouble if you pick the wrong pair! No one wants to feel their undies pinching, sagging, rolling, or rising up all day because that means you’re stuck tugging at them. Finding comfortable underwear isn’t difficult once you know how to get the right fit and choose a good fabric. Whether your shopping for men’s or women’s underwear, knowing your body type helps because certain styles can more comfortable than others depending on how you’re shaped.
- Measure your waist and hips. You’ll be able to find the proper size for your underwear across brands if you know your waist and hip measurements. Use a tape measure to measure your natural waist and the fullest part of your hips so you can choose the most comfortable size for your body.
- You can find your natural waist by bending sideways. A crease will form at your waist to help you identify it.
- Keep the tape measure parallel to the ground when you measure your hips
- Double check your measurements to consult sizing information. It’s a good idea to measure both your waist and hips twice to make sure that you get the same measurement both times. Once you have your waist and hip measurements, you can consult the sizing information for any underwear you’re considering to ensure a proper fit.
- Look for firm elastic. No one wants to be pulling at their underwear all day to keep it from slipping or falling down. Choose underwear that has firm elastic in the waistband so you know it will stay in place.
- While firm elastic at the waist is helpful in underwear, avoid styles with elasticized leg holes. They have a tendency to bunch up, which can be uncomfortable.
- Avoid underwear that’s too tight. Underwear that’s too tight doesn’t just lead to unflattering bulges and lumps beneath your clothing; it can also cause skin chafing and irritation from the friction. In general, any underwear that’s tight enough to leave marks on your skin is too tight.Underwear that’s too tight also doesn’t breathe as well, so it can lead to health issues and leave you a little sweaty.
- Check for bunching, rolling, or sagging. Before leaving the house for the day, it’s important to make sure that your undies are lying smoothly against your body. Any pair that bunches, rolls, or sags under your clothing is going to be uncomfortable because you’ll be tugging at them to keep them from pinching your skin or falling down.
1. Is your underwire sitting away from your chest wall?This means your … Continue reading 5 ways to know if you are wearing the right bra