Suspect identified after 2 dead, 6 injured in stabbing on Las Vegas Strip

(Fox5Vegas.com)

UPDATE: 11:20 P.M.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has identified 32-year-old Yoni Barrios as the suspect in the mass stabbing on Las Vegas Boulevard late Thursday morning.

He has been booked into CCDC on two counts of open murder with a deadly weapon and six counts of attempted murder with a deadly weapon.

“This was an isolated incident,” said Deputy Chief James LaRochelle.

“All evidence indicates Barrios acted alone and there are no outstanding suspects at this time,” he added.

UPDATE: 8:15 P.M.

The Clark County Coroner’s Office has identified the two people who died Thursday after a man went on a stabbing rampage on the Las Vegas Strip.

UPDATE: Las Vegas police Capt. Dori Koren said officers received multiple 911 calls about a stabbing near Las Vegas Blvd. and Sands Drive at about 11:40 a.m.

Capt. Koren said officers responded to the scene, and with the help of security partners, were able to take the suspect into custody “very quickly” and were then able to render aide to the multiple victims.

Capt. Dori Koren said that as of now, there were eight people stabbed and one suspect as part of the incident.

Of the victims, Capt. Koren says two people have died and three are in critical condition. Police say the remaining victims are in stable condition.

The weapon that was recovered, according to Capt. Koren, was a “large kitchen knife.”

LVMPD described the suspect as a Hispanic man in his early 30s. Police said he doesn’t appear to be a local resident.

UMC Trauma shared that it had received five patients from the stabbing incident.

According to UMC, one of its patients is in critical condition and one patient has passed away. UMC said two of the patients are in serious condition and one is in fair condition.

AS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) – Las Vegas Metropolitan Police are investigating multiple stabbings on the Las Vegas Strip.

LVMPD said the incident happened around 11:42 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 3100 block of S. Las Vegas Boulevard, near the Wynn Las Vegas.

Police said six victims have been located, with one victim deceased. Other victims are being taken to local hospitals for treatment.

Bystanders in the area told FOX5 that some of the victims were showgirls taking pictures with tourists.

LVMPD said a suspect is in custody.

This is an ongoing investigation, LVMPD said. There are road closures in the area and citizens are advised to avoid the area.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Hoax confirmed at Savannah High School after reports of active shooter: Here’s what we know

Savannah High School was evacuated Wednesday morning after false reports circulated that six staffers and students had been shot at the school on the city’s eastside. Multiple officials have confirmed that the active shooter reports are a hoax. According to one official who was among the first on the scene, a phone call to 911 reported … Continue reading Hoax confirmed at Savannah High School after reports of active shooter: Here’s what we know

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.